The Western Region Homeland Security Advisory Council awarded funds to the Franklin Regional Council of Governments to conduct a Disasters and Town Management Training Series. This series focused on providing members of town management, such as Selectboard members, Town Administrators and other officials, with pertinent skills to better prepare them for their roles in relation to All Hazards planning, response and recovery. The training gave particular focus to the role of town management in recovery from natural disasters. The series took place from October 2012 through January 2013. The following videos of the training series are available for viewing on the WRHSAC video page.
- Basic Incident Command System (ICS) and Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Operations
- Part I
- Part II
- Public Information Officer Seminar
- Documentation and Paperwork
- Disasters and Town Management Tabletop Exercise Hotwash/ Reflections
- Training Series Reflections