A Commitment to Planning Today Will Help You Prepare For Any Emergency Situation
Being prepared is the best way for you, your family, your neighbors, and your community to survive a disaster. Below, and throughout the website, there are sections that provide tips on how you can be prepared in the event of an emergency.
- Give family members the phone number of an out of town contact who may not be affected by the emergency. They can call the contact to coordinate communications with your family.
- Choose a familiar local place where your family can meet. Choose an additional out-of-town location in case you’re evacuated.
- Plan for the needs of children, the elderly and pets.
- Learn your community’s evacuation routes and sheltering plans
- Know the emergency plans for your workplace, your children’s school, daycare, etc. Add that information to your family plan.
- Practice your plan with household members. Make sure everyone knows what to do in different kinds of emergencies.